Welcome to Dr. Anny Treat (Post-doc) and Mauricio Gil-Silva (Technician)!
Congrats to Anna Polaski for successfully defending her PhD dissertation on June 28, 2019!!
Congrats to PhD student Heather Allen who received the lab’s second NRSA F31 grant (in Jan 2019) for her work studying the amygdala in pain. The grant will fund Heather for 3 years!
“Beg, borrow, appeal – Using existing resources to build summer research programs that feed the pipeline of future neuroscientists”
1. Kate Sadler PhD main dissertation paper came out in PAIN (http://journals.lww.com/…/Divergent_functions_of_the_left_a…) with multiple first-publication co-authors (Neal McQuaid, Behun, Cox)
2. Undergrad Eddie Hilton was commissioned and received a full-ride scholarship from the USAF Health Professions Program for dental school
3. Undergrad Abby Cox won the Office of Research Outstanding Research award at our Undergraduate Research and Scholarship Symposium
4. Undergrad Marissa Behun won the Phi Kappa Phi Outstanding Research Poster at the symposium
5. Phd student Neil Lax received the 2017 Graduate Student Award for Excellence in University Teaching
6. My pets heads stayed on all week
Abby Cox received a competitive external grant from the Tri-Beta research foundation for her bladder pain research!!
Welcome to rotating PhD student Tom Kelly and new undergraduate students Jack Klens, Sarah Leep, Ifra Malik, and Anne Roberts.